A user specification for a safety system may also contain:
- Maintenance Override functions
- Communication with other systems
- Any preferred brands and models of the components, such as PLC, transmitters, barriers andvalves
- Hardware requirements: ATEX classification and materials
- Description of alarm handling and required staff action.
At any time you can print an up-to-date SRS document.
SIL / SIF Design
With Dymenzions SIL Calculations & Design you can easily design SIF loops. The system has a database with failure rates, SIL certificates and safety manuals for the most common components in the process technology. You select the equipment and the system will calculate parameters such as the PFD Average per component, a PFD average for the whole loop, test frequencies, MTTR (Mean Time To Repair), Spurious Trip Rate, etc. Dymenzions also verifies compliance with all requirements specified by you in the SRS, and whether the desired SIL level is achieved by using the chosen instrumentation.